How to Register to Vote
You will need to register to vote if you have:
- Never voted before,
- Not voted in the last four years,
- Moved since last voting, or
- Changed your name since last voting.
To verify if you are a registered voter in Minnesota click here.
You may register to vote in person or by mail at the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at the McLeod County Government Center or at any city or town hall in McLeod County.
You may also register to vote at your polling place on election day. To do so, you must bring ONE of the following documents.
- Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit or Minnesota identification card (or a receipt for any of these documents) that includes your current name and address.
- Notice of late registration mailed to you by McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office.
- Prior registration at another address in the same precinct.
- Oath of a registered voter in your precinct who can vouch for your residence in the precinct. Employees of nursing homes, shelters and certain other residential facilities may also vouch for the persons who reside there.
- Current student identification card, registration card, or fee statement that includes the student's current address.
- Current student fee statement containing the student's current address and a photo identification card.
- Current student identification card including the student's photo (if the college has provided a list of students to McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office.)
- Tribal ID that includes your name, current address, photo and signature.
One document from EACH of the following two groups:
Group A: Minnesota driver’s license or identification card, U.S. passport, U.S. military identification card, tribal ID or student identification card from a Minnesota college. These documents must contain your name and photo.
Group B: Original bill for gas, electric, telephone, cable TV, water, sewer or solid waste services. These documents must include voter's name and current address and have a due date within 30 days of the election.
For dates of registration restrictions on the upcoming election, click here.
Voter Registration Application
FAQs for Military and Overseas Voters
Federal Post Card Application FPCA