How To Pay Your Taxes
McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer's Office
McLeod County Government Center
520 Chandler Avenue North
Glencoe, Minnesota 55336
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Property taxes can be paid by check or cash at the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer's Office located at the McLeod County Government Center.
For further information about paying property taxes in person, please call the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at 320-864-1203.
Payment by Mail
Your payment must be postmarked on or before the due date or penalties will apply. The United States Post Office is now using servicing centers to postmark mail. Mail can be postmarked two or three days after drop off, please plan accordingly. If your tax payment is past due, please contact the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office to determine the amount of penalty and interest you must include with your payment.
Make checks payable to: McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer
Payment by Credit Card or eCheck
Property taxes can be paid by using a Credit Card or eCheck online or by telephone.
The following credit cards are accepted.
Follow these instructions for this type of payment:
- You will be asked to enter your Property Id (Parcel) Number, have your property tax statement available for reference.
- A convenience fee will be added when paying by Credit Card or eCheck by our payment vendor. The following convenience fees apply to all Credit Card or eCheck transactions:
- Fee is 2.5% of total transaction for Credit Card
- Fee is $1.50 per transaction under $10,000.00 for eCheck
- Fee is $10.00 per transaction over $10,000.00 for eCheck
- You will be notified of the amount that will be applied to your Credit Card or eCheck prior to completing the transaction.
- For future information or to pay by telephone, please call the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office at 320-864-1203.
- If you search using your Parcel Identification number select the Roll Type from the drop down menu and when entering in your Parcel Identification number only enter the numeric value and not the letter such as R, P, or M.
Please contact the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office if you encounter any problems paying with your Credit Card.
Secure Payment Drop Box
All items in the Drop Box at 8:00 a.m. will be considered the previous days business. The Drop Box is located in front of the McLeod County Government Center.
Pay by Direct Debit from a Bank Account
An option for paying your property tax is by allowing the Auditor-Treasurer to debit your bank account on the payment due date. You must sign up for this plan at least one month before the due date of your next property tax payment. The payment will be debited from your chosen bank account on the property tax due date. Once you have signed up for this process, the Auditor-Treasurer will continue this process until you notify the Auditor-Treasurer's Office that you want to cancel. If you change bank accounts, you must also inform the Auditor-Treasurer's Office of that change.
If you are interested in this method of paying your property tax, contact the Auditor-Treasurer's Office at 320-864-1203 or print and complete the Direct Payment Sign-Up Form and mail it directly to the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer.
Escrowed Tax Payment
Your mortgage lender may be escrowing your taxes for you. This means that you are paying a portion of your property tax in every mortgage payment you make to them. Your property tax dollars are being kept in a special escrow account. The escrow agent at your mortgage company is responsible for paying your property taxes by the due date.
If you aren't certain if your property taxes are escrowed, contact your mortgage lender or financial institution.