Public Works has implemented an online electronic permitting application for all of its permits, including Right of Way (utility or special use), Transportation (annual and single trip moves), and Access/Entrance permits.  

Permit applications will only be accepted through the ePermitting application. The ePermitting application will provide more efficient and timely processing of permit applications.  It will also allow Users to print permits directly from their computers.

You are required to possess a user account to submit an application for the above mentioned permits.  Setting up a user account is free.  You must submit a valid email address to create a user account.  It is recommended that you create one user account for your agency.

For instructions on how to create a new permit, click on the particular link below to view an Adobe PDF document with instructions.

Right of Way (Utility or Special Use) Permit Manual
Transportation (Moving or Oversize/Overweight) Permit Manual
Access/Entrance Permit Manual

"When do I need a Transportation (Moving or Oversize/Overweight) Permit?"

Permit Cost Information

To access the ePermitting site CLICK HERE

Other useful links:

MnDOT (Trunk Highways and Interstate) Oversize/Overweight Permits 
Minnesota Commercial Truck and Passenger Regulations
Information on other MN Counties Transportation Permits

Information and application for a rural address (911) signs

For other permit related questions contact our main number at 320-484-4321 or email us at mcleod.highway@mcleodcountymn.gov.

Sign up for the latest news and updates

Learn More