Food, Pools, and Lodging

Environmental health programs protect Minnesotans from environmental hazards by ensuring that they have clean drinking water, safe food, sanitary lodgings, and protection from hazardous materials and public health nuisances in their environment. The Division of Environmental Health at the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) operates programs in those areas to achieve that goal.

The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has a delegation agreement with some local health agencies (city, county) to provide licenses for food, beverage, and lodging establishments in Minnesota. MDH is responsible for the remaining areas of the state.

The state of Minnesota is in charge of this in McLeod County.  
 To find more information on Food Pool and Lodging or to determine who will license your establishment click here.

To submit a complaint online:  Complaint Form for Food, Pools, and Lodging - MN Department of Health

Sign up for the latest news and updates

Learn More