Child Care Providers

Looking for Child Care?

Licensed child care homes are required to meet only minimum standards, often resulting in a wide range of quality of care by licensed providers.  Parents must make a commitment to seek a child care provider that is most compatible with their family.
One resource available to assist parents with their search for childcare is the licensing agency. McLeod County Health and Human Services licenses and monitors Family Day Care Homes while the Minnesota Department of Human Services licenses and monitors Child Care Centers.

Concerns about a licensed facility can be reported to either McLeod County or the Department of Human Services: 
McLeod County Government Center
Health & Human Services
520 Chandler Avenue N
Glencoe, MN 55336
Phone: 320-864-3144
Fax: 320-864-1212
Minnesota Department of Human Services
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 64242
St. Paul, MN 55164-0242
Phone: 651-296-3971
Fax: 651-297-1490
Information about complaints, along with some background information, is public and parents have the right to know. Parents are encouraged to contact the McLeod County Licensing Social Worker to obtain public information on any provider you are considering.

Additional Resources for Parents:

If you have questions about licensed child care, please contact:
Amy Berry, Social Worker/Licensing Specialist
320-864-3144 (Glencoe)
320-484-4330 (Hutchinson)
800-247-1756 (Toll Free)

Sign up for the latest news and updates

Learn More