Board of Adjustment (Variance)

Variance Application

Variances are granted by the McLeod County Board of Adjustment. Variance Applications and a one-time payment $496 (non-refundable, cash or check only) and must be received by the 4th Thursday of the current month in order to be scheduled on the following months' agenda.   

Due to the wide variety of proposals received, it it essential to discuss your proposal with a staff member in the Environmental Services Office before submitting a Variance Application.  Applicant shall attend the Township meeting where the project is located (after filing the application with the Environmental Services Office) to explain the proposal to the Town Board and to receive their written recommendation on the formal application. The Sewer Certificate of Compliance may be required if our office is unable to determine if the system is in compliance (per Minnesota State Rules Chapter 7080) ,or, if the site is located within shore land.

McLeod County Environmental Services
Planning & Zoning
1065 - 5th Avenue Southeast
Hutchinson, Minnesota  55350  

Agenda and Minutes - Click Here

Sign up for the latest news and updates

Learn More